Spice Horizon Award Winning Chili Recipe
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 2 sweet onions diced
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 Tbsp jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 (14oz) can San Marzano plum tomatoes
- 2 (8oz) cans tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp Spice Horizon organic cumin powder
- 2 Tbsp Spice Horizon chili powder (or chipotle chili powder)
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp Spice Horizon Cayenne Pepper
- ½ tsp paprika (smoked if you like)
- 1 (14oz) kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 (14oz) black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 Cup water
- 1.5 oz Spice Horizon Espresso Balsamic Vinegar
- Brown ground chuck with onions and green pepper in iron skillet or dutch oven.
- Drain excess fat and set aside
- Heat small frying pan on medium high, adding Cumin powder, chili powder, cayenne pepper, paprika and salt. Stir constantly until you begin to smell the aroma of the spices. Remove from heat and stir into the drained meat mixture.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, finely chopped jalapeños and 1 cup water. Add drained chili beans and black beans. Add shot of Espresso Balsamic Vinegar.
- Place back on the stove and heat on medium heat until it begins to boil, turn down to a simmer for 1-2 hours.
- Sour Cream
- Cheddar Cheese
- Sliced Green Onions
Things you'll need for this recipe...