Shrimp Fried Rice
- 2 cups white rice
- ½ pound shrimp, boiled, shelled, de-veined
- 4 cups water for rice
- 4 cups water for shrimp
- 2 carrots, diced
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup frozen (or fresh) corn
- 2 Tbsp Spice Horizon avocado oil (has no taste and provides high smoke point)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Spice Horizon toasted sesame seed oil
- In a saucepan, combine rice and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Drain rice in a colander and hold for stir frying in the wok.
- In a saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Drop shrimp (shells and all) into the boiling water for about 1 minute. Drain, rinse with cold water, remove the shells, devein and cut in half. Reserve for later.
- In a small saucepan with 2 cups water, boil the diced carrots for about 3 minutes. Drop the frozen peas and corn into the carrots during the last minute of boiling. Strain off boiling water and reserve carrots, peas and carrots.
- Heat your wok on high heat. Pour in 2 Tbsp avocado oil until hot.
- Add cooked rice, and keep stirring for about a minute, then add soy sauce and stir.
- When soy sauce is well mixed, take a large spoon and pull the rice to the sides of the wok, leaving an empty well in the center of your wok.
- Add a small amount of avocado oil into the well until hot, then add the beaten eggs.
- Scramble the eggs until done. Then mix the whole mixture together.
- Add the carrots, corn, peas and shrimp and cook long enough to heat up the shrimp.
- Drizzle with sesame oil and stir one last time before serving.
Things you'll need for this recipe...