- 1 Tbsp Spice Horizon Olive Oil
- ½ medium sweet onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Spice Horizon chili powder or chipotle chili powder
- 1 (15oz) pinto beans (low sodium, drained and rinsed)
- 2/3 cup low-sodium organic chicken broth
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp Cilantro (optional)
- ½ cup Cotija grated cheese
- Heat Spice Horizon Olive Oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until tender (about 2-3 minutes).
- Stir in garlic and chili powder, cooking for 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the drained and rinsed pinto beans and organic chicken broth.
- Cook until the beans are warm (about 5 minutes) then mash the beans with the back off the wooden spoon. Add more chicken broth if too dry.
- Season with Salt and Pepper.
- Top with Cotija cheese, diced jalapeño, cilantro and hot sauce to taste.
Things you'll need for this recipe...