Penne Ala Vodka
VODKA SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
- 1 quart of your favorite tomato sauce
- 1 cup vodka
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp Spice Horizon dried basil
- 1 tsp Spice Horizon onion powder
- 1 tsp Spice Horizon garlic powder
- Simmer the tomato sauce, onion powder, garlic powder and vodka in a heavy saucepan over low heat until the sauce reduces by about ¼ (about 20 minutes). Stir often to avoid burning.
- Stir in the cream and simmer until heated through. (The alcohol from the vodka will cook out in a few minutes of simmering).
- Stir in the grated Parmesan cheese until blended.
- Cook the penne pasta in a large pot of boiling water until “al dente”, stirring occasionally while boiling to avoid sticking together.
- Drain the penne pasta and transfer to the pan with the sauce.
- Stir the penne and sauce together and pour into a serving dish.
- Top with more grated Parmesan Cheese and fresh basil for garnish.
Things you'll need for this recipe...