The recipe for duck rillettes (ree-yet) begin with legs from the Rohan™ duck, a proprietary hybrid of several old duck breeds, raised exclusively for our supplier on a New York State farm.
The hefty duck legs are slow cooked in duck stock and aromatics until tender, then finely shredded. The meat is creamed together with duck fat, salt, pepper and garlic, making a luscious and dense spread. It’s an old-world French treat refined before there was refrigeration.
Enjoy spreading duck rillettes on toast, with crunchy cornichon pickles on the side, or crank up your next charcuterie board. Duck rillettes are addictive in sandwiches, too.
- Heritage cross Rohan duck
- Vegetarian diet includes corn and soy
- Air-chilled; no water added
- No antibiotics, no added hormones
- Traditional French natural recipe
- No artificial ingredients, additives or preservatives
- 7oz tub
- Product of the USA
- Arrives frozen and thaw before using. Once thawed, use within 3 – 5 days.