- 2 pounds boneless sirloin tip
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 tsp Spice Horizon toasted sesame seed oil
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp organic brown sugar
- 2 tsp Spice Horizon crushed red pepper
- 5 small chili peppers
- ½ cup Spice Horizon avocado oil (high smoke point oil with no taste)
- 6 green onion stalks, cut on the bias
- Place sirloin tip into the freezer for about 15 minutes to firm up the meat and make slicing easier.
- Slice the sirloin into ½ inch strips and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, cornstarch, brown sugar, crushed red pepper and chili peppers. Place beef into the mixture and stir. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat 2 Tbsp of avocado oil in a wok over medium-high heat.
- Add sliced green onions to the hot oil, stir and cook until tender. Remove the onions and reserve.
- In the same wok, heat the remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add the beef and marinade mixture and sauté for 5 minutes, or until the beef is thoroughly cooked.
- Add the green onions to the beef and sauté for another minute.
- Top with some finely sliced green onions and serve over cooked white rice.
Things you'll need for this recipe...