Mexican Grilled Street Corn
- 4 ears of shucked sweet corn
- 1 lime, sliced in wedges for squeezing
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream or Mexican crema
- ½ tsp Spice Horizon guajillo chili powder (or chipotle chili powder)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup cilantro (optional)
- ½ cup final crumbled cotija cheese
- Preheat grill to high-heat
- Clean and oil the grilling surface
- Shuck ears of corn (keeping the shucks attached for something to use to turn them while grilling)
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, cotija cheese, guajillo or chipotle chili powder, garlic and cilantro in large bowl. Stir until all ingredients combine.
- When grill is hot, place the ears of corn directly on the grilling surface, turning occasionally until fully cooked with charred spots on all sides. (about 5 minutes)
- Take ears of corn off of grill and onto a platter and spoon the mixture to evenly coat all sides of the hot ears of corn. Sprinkle with additional cheese and a sprinkle of extra chili powder.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice over corn just before serving.
Things you'll need for this recipe...