6-Minute Lemon Olive Oil Custard Tart
- 3 whole eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup lemon juice, strained
- ½ tsp Spice Horizon vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp lemon zest
- ½ cup Spice Horizon organic extra virgin olive oil
- Place all ingredients, except the olive oil in a high-speed blender.
- Turn the blender on to its highest setting and process for 4 minutes.
- While continuing to run on high-speed, pour in the extra virgin olive oil and blend for an additional 90 – 105 seconds until you can see the custard firming up on the sides.
This recipe was created using the Vitamix Professional Series 750, using its “hot soup” programmed cycle. It can be replicated by setting the blender at its top speed and running for a total process time of 6 minutes.
The custard can be refrigerated for up to three days or frozen for longer storage. When defrosted, it will return to the same creamy consistency as when fresh.
Used with permission from the Olive Oil Source © 1998–2017
Things you'll need for this recipe...
Pure natural double strength vanilla extract. No caramel coloring or any additives of any kind. Just natural cold filtered goodness. This will be some of the best vanilla extract you have ever had.