Lamb Seekh Kebab (Gosht Hara Kebab)
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 ½ Tbsp ground almonds
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 tsp ginger/garlic paste (equal parts ginger & garlic, diced and ground)
- 3 Tbsp chopped cilantro (can substitute parsley if you do not like cilantro)
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 3 Tbsp gram flour (chickpea flour)
- 1-inch piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp plain thick yogurt
- 2 tsp Spice Horizon ground organic cumin
- 1 tsp Spice Horizon cayenne pepper powder
- 2 tsp Spice Horizon ground coriander
- 1 ½ tsp Spice Horizon sea salt
- 1 ½ tsp Spice Horizon Garman Masala
- 1 tsp Spice Horizon Ceylon cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp Spice Horizon freshly ground black peppercorns
- lemon wedges for garnis
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and using your hands work in all spices into the ground lamb until the texture is smooth.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Wet your hands and divide the meat into 6 equal parts.
- Mold one of the divided meat parts around each long metal skewer.
- Continue until all the mixture has been used.
- Preheat the grill to the highest setting.
- Clean the grilling surface and lightly oil so kebabs will release when turning.
- Add skewers to grilling surface and grill for 5-7 minutes, turning frequently until lamb is completely cooked through.
- Serve with lemon wedges and over a plain mixed green salad.
Things you'll need for this recipe...