Kansas City Rub
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup Spice Horizon Fair-Trade organic natural sugar
- 1 cup Spice Horizon paprika
- ½ cup Spice Horizon garlic salt
- ½ cup Spice Horizon celery salt
- ½ cup Spice Horizon chili powder
- 1/3 cup freshly ground Spice Horizon black peppercorns
- ¼ cup Spice Horizon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 cup Spice Horizon dry mustard
- 1/3 cup Spice Horizon onion powder
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients together.
- Massage Kansas City Rub into all areas of the ribs, roast, or brisket.
- Grill, smoke or bake the meat slow and low for an extended period of time. (Consult your favorite recipe for length of cooking time and temperature.
*This is the same recipe we use for our Kansas City Rub if you don’t want to take the time or go to the expense of buying all of the ingredients yourself.
Things you'll need for this recipe...