DIY Five-Spice Powder
- 1 tsp Spice Horizon Ceylon cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp Spice Horizon ground cloves
- 1 tsp Spice Horizon fennel seeds, toasted and ground
- 1 tsp Spice Horizon star anise, ground
- 1 tsp Spice Horizon Szechuan peppercorns, toasted and ground
- Toast fennel seeds and peppercorns in a small hot skillet until you begin to smell the aromatic oils being released. Careful not to burn.
- After the seeds and peppercorns cool down, grind in a spice grinder, or in a mortar & pestle.
- After seeds and peppercorns have cooled, mix with the other spices.
- Store in an airtight jar.
Things you'll need for this recipe...