- 1 tsp unflavored gelatin
- ¼ cup Spice Horizon cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp cold water
- 1 tsp Spice Horizon vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp boiling water
- 1 cup heavy cream (very cold)
- ½ cup Spice Horizon free-trade organic sugar
- Optional: 2 Tbsp hot espresso coffee instead of boiling water
- Sprinkle gelatin over the cold water in a small bowl, stir and let stand for 1 minute to soften.
- Add boiling water (or optional espresso); stir until gelatin is dissolved.
- Mix together the sugar and cocoa powder in a small bowl.
- Add heavy cream and vanilla extract to the sugar and cocoa mixture.
- Beat cream, vanilla, sugar and cocoa with a hand mixer at medium speed until it forms stiff peaks.
- Pour in the gelatin mixture and beat until well-blended.
- Spoon into serving dishes and chill at least 30 minutes prior to serving.
Top with freshly whipped cream (add a Tbsp of powdered sugar while whipping the heavy cream to make sweet Chantilly cream), then add a sprinkle of freeze dried coffee (if you like the coffee option), or a few raspberries, and even some shaved dark chocolate. The sky is the limit for toppings with this delicious dessert.
Things you'll need for this recipe...