- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- ½ pint sour cream
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp dried Spice Horizon parsley
- ½ tsp dried Spice Horizon oregano
- ½ tsp fresh ground Spice Horizon black peppercorns
- ½ tsp Spice Horizon finely ground pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1 (15oz) can tomato sauce
- ½ cup water
- 1 Tbsp Spice Horizon Chili Powder or Chipotle Chili powder
- 1/3 cup chopped red and green bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 enchilada sauce (recipe enclosed)
- ¾ cup grated Cotija white Mexican Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook chicken until juice runs clear. Drain excess fat. Shred the chicken and hold.
- Sauté onion and red and green bell pepper in 1 Tbsp Spice Horizon olive oil until translucent then add garlic (careful not to burn the garlic). Then add sour cream, cheddar cheese, parsley, oregano and ground black pepper. Heat until the cheese melts. Stir in salt, tomato sauce, water, and chili powder.
- Mix chicken into the sour cream mixture and stir.
- Roll even amounts of the mixture into the tortillas.
- Arrange filled tortillas in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Make sure to place the seam side down.
- Cover with homemade enchilada sauce and top with ¾ cup Cotija cheese.
- Bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes before serving.
- Diced jalapeño peppers
- and more cheese if desired
Things you'll need for this recipe...