Champagne Balsamic Vinaigrette Kale Dressing
- ¼ cup Spice Horizon Champagne Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 finely chopped shallot
- 1 tsp fresh minced garlic
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 cup Spice Horizon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Spice Horizon Kosher Sea Salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black peppercorns
- 1 Anchovy – boneless filet packed in oil (optional)
- ¼ cup pancetta (fried crispy)
- 2 boiled eggs (optional - roughly chopped)
- Kale – freshly rinsed and roughly chopped
- In a blender, pulse the Champagne balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, separated egg yolk, garlic, salt and pepper just enough to mix to a smooth texture. If you choose to use the anchovy, you can add it at this stage.
- Turn the blender on the lowest speed and slowly drizzle the extra virgin olive oil until it is completely emulsified.
- Pour the dressing from the blender into a measuring cup and stir in the finely chopped shallot. Refrigerate dressing for 30-minutes as the shallot imparts flavor to the dressing.
- Hard boil 2 eggs and roughly chop eggs to use as a final garnish.
- Rinse the kale and roughly chop.
- Place kale into a large salad bowl and toss with enough dressing to moisten. Mix in the crispy fried pancetta and serve.
- You may wish to add the boiled egg, and grind a little more pepper on the top before serving.