- 1 baguette, sliced and toasted
- 8 roma (plum) tomatoes, sliced or diced
- 1/3 fresh basil, chopped
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp Spice Horizon premium or cask aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Spice Horizon basil infused olive oil
- ¼ tsp Spice Horizon Mediterranean sea salt
- ¼ tsp Spice Horizon black peppercorns, ground
- ¾ cup ricotta cheese
- In a bowl, toss together the tomatoes, basil, Parmesan cheese, garlic, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, kosher salt and pepper.
- Slice a loaf baguette into 1 ½ inch slices at an angle.
- Either toast both sides or lightly spray oil on slices of bread and dry fry in a hot heavy skillet or griddle.
- Spread a small amount of ricotta cheese on the top of each slice.
- Top with tomato mixture.
- Shred additional Parmesan cheese on top of each slice.
- Garnish with julienned fresh basil and balsamic pearls
Things you'll need for this recipe...