Baba Ghanoush Dip
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 ½ tsp Spice Horizon ground cumin
- 1 ½ Tbsp tahini paste (ground sesame seed paste)
- ½ tsp Spice Horizon red pepper flakes
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp Spice Horizon Tunisian extra virgin olive oil
- ½ organic lemon, juiced
- ½ tsp Spice Horizon parsley, for garnish
- ½ Serrano pepper, diced (optional)
- Salt and pepper to tast
- Place eggplant on gas burner (turning until the outside of the eggplant is well charred).
- Place charred eggplant in a paper bag to sweat for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove eggplant from bag and peel off the charred skin from the eggplant
- Cut eggplant in half, placing both halves in a baking dish.
- Brush eggplant with a little olive oil, then place 2 oiled cloves of peeled garlic on each eggplant half. Roast in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove eggplant from oven and let cool.
- Place eggplant, cumin, tahini, roasted garlic, lemon juice, red pepper flakes and salt into a food processor. Pulse eggplant and other ingredients until creamy and well mixed. If it’s too dry, add a Tbsp of Tunisian extra virgin olive oil while pulsing.
- Remove mixture and spoon into serving dish.
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over the Baba Ghanoush and top with pomegranate seeds, or parsley or crumbled feta cheese as a garnish.
- Serve with warm pita bread for dipping.
Things you'll need for this recipe...