- 2 ½ pounds russet potatoes, peeled (3-4 large potatoes)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Spice Horizon garlic salt
- 1 tsp Spice Horizon onion salt
- 1 tsp Spice Horizon finely ground Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1 tsp Spice Horizon paprika
- ½ cup water, or as needed
- 1 cup Avocado or Peanut Oil for frying
- 1 tsp Spice Horizon chopped rosemary
- Slice potatoes into French fries and place into cold water (to keep them from turning brown while you complete slicing potatoes and heating oil)
- Heat oil in a large skillet (or dutch oven) over medium-high heat. While the oil is heating, sift the flour, garlic salt, onion salt, Himalayan Salt, and paprika into a large bowl. Gradually stir in enough water so that the mixture can be drizzled from a spoon.
- Place potato fries on paper towels to dry completely.
- When dry, dip potato slices into the batter one at a time, and place into the hot oil. Careful not to crowd them. They must be placed into the skillet one at a time or they will clump together. Fry until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove and drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and rosemary.
Things you'll need for this recipe...